A most satisfying part for me was the sheer number of people who gave their time and effort to translate or help translate Daney. What, at times, has felt like a solitary endeavour has become a collaborative effort. So thank you to Adrian Martin, Ted Fendt, Stoffel Debuysere, Craig Keller and Otie Wheeler. Let's keep it up in 2014.
- Le pont du nord, Jacques Rivette (in the booklet accompanying the Eureka Masters of Cinema DVD and Blu-Ray)
- Death of the world's oldest filmmaker, Allan Dwan (1885-1981) (on Ted Fendt's blog)
- New Grammar (two texts in the Amazon Kindle edition of the Made in USA magazine published by the Bernadette Corporation).
- In the midst of the end of the world, Antonio Reis' Ana (at the Diagonal Thought blog)
- The theatre of entrances (John Ford, Seven women)
- Paris, Texas, Wim Wenders
- A chatty Minnelli movie (Home From the Hill)
- La rampe
- Guy de Mautpassant
- Only the cinema
- Response to a questionnaire on film criticism
- Toward screenisation
Google also tells me that, although visitors came from over a hundred countries, only 40% of you were from English-speaking ones, that most of you are under 34 years old and 54% are male, and that the text on Mannerism seems to have been the most popular.
So here's to 2014. New texts are already being prepared. Happy New Year!